Pages

Friday, September 12, 2014

Darling Magazine Fall Release Party

Photo Credit// Mallory Thomasson
Top// LF Robertson
Vest// Alice & Olivia
Shorts//Indikah (similar pair here)
Shoes//Jeffrey Campbell
Necklace// Natalie B
Hat// D&Y
Bracelets// LF Robertson & Abercrombie and Fitch
Purse// Marc by Marc Jacobs 
I had the opportunity to go to the Darling Magazine fall issue release party in Downtown LA which included music, drinks, photobooths, and best of all brownies and food trucks.  If you didn't know Darling Magazine focuses on empowering women. The fall issue had a very special unique twist, none of the women in the magazine were retouched. I hope that as time progresses we will see more and more magazines following in suit. What a dream it would be for young girls to look at fashion magazines and see people on the cover that look like them and not something completely unobtainable without a bff relationship with photoshop. 

One of my very favorite looks that I love constantly recreating is tailored shorts (or skirts) with knee socks and/or tights. Even though it was extremely hot out I couldn't resist this outfit any longer! This love for knee socks with shorts and skirts must come from watching Clueless one too many times (or maybe from attending Catholic highschool...). I completed this outfit with the Alice & Olivia long white vest, because I felt like it polished the look a bit more. 

Hope you guys have a beautiful weekend!!

-Xoxo Becca

P.S. In honor of National Suicide Prevention week I challenge each of you to give a compliment to a stranger or commit an act of kindness towards someone you don't know. It's absolutely amazing how these small acts can change someones day or life! I would love to hear about your kind acts in my comment section! 

1 comment:

  1. What an awesome event and esp the fact that no one was retouched

    ReplyDelete