Pages

Monday, February 2, 2015

My Superbowl Sunday

Photo Credit// Stephanie Fantauzzi
Sweater// on Sale at all LF Stores 60% off (similar sweater here)
Skirt// LF  (similar skirt here)
Shoes// Matisse Footwear (similar boots here)
I imagine that most of you spent your Superbowl Sunday with an excessive amount of guacamole, 7 layer bean dip, and whatever other kind of wonderful food you are capable of cooking and for good measure some beer while you watch Katy Perry perform and more commercials in one sitting then you will watch the rest of the year (and I guess the game). I however am not a fan of the Superbowl, including the halftime show and commercials. I've tried to get into it a few times, went to some parties in college, occasionally watch the halftime show and commercials online so I know what the rest of the world is talking about the next day...but I couldn't really find it in myself to care this year. So I did what any non loving SuperBowl human would do, I brunched! I picked up Steph and we headed to Square One Dining in East Hollywood (fun fact it's across the street from the Scientology Center). I've been wanting to try this spot for a while, the last time my mom was in town visiting we attempted to go there for breakfast but after 30 minutes of searching for parking we gave up and headed to GRUB one of my favorite spots in Los Angeles. I will admit parking is quite difficult, and there was about a 25 to 30 minute wait for a table but it was absolutely worth it! The restaurant kinda looks like a whole in the wall but it has a very charming outdoor patio that we were lucky enough to be seated in. This place really cares about the quality and freshness of their ingredients. After debating between the pancakes with a bacon infused carmel sauce and breakfast tacos, I went with the tacos and a fruit salad that consisted of mangoes, apples, pears, oranges, and pomegranate seeds. It was easily the best fruit salad i've ever had, and I wasn't complaining about the tacos! I can't wait to go back and try the pancakes. 




 While very slowly cleaning out my closet the last few weeks I've discovered that I have too many pieces that I've either never worn or only worn once or twice. When I was getting dressed for brunch I decided to try to wear some of these neglected pieces. I honestly can't tell you the last time I wore the patterned skirt, and almost positive my Matisse shoes have never seen the light of day. I love the look of an oversized sweater thrown over a short dress or skirt, and this sweater is especially fun because of the low v back.

 What did you guys do for Superbowl Sunday?!

-Xoxo Becca
























No comments:

Post a Comment