Pages

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Chocolate Monster Brownies




My mom hates this story when I tell it, but here it goes... One wonderful beautiful Christmas I received an Easy Bake oven like many little girls do. I was clearly overjoyed at all the wonderful cakes and cookies I could create in this magical contraption. My mom did not believe that it was okay for me to bake on my own (I mean...I probably wouldn't have burned down the house...maybe). She never seemed to have any time or desire to watch me bake (tear tear). One day after searching in my room with great frustration I discovered my Easy Bake oven was gone. My moms response "you never used it! So I gave it away" When I got into high school and she FINALLY trusted me enough to bake unsupervised, the first thing I decided to make were these yummy brownies. These brownies are not for the faint of heart. They are not gluten free, lactose free, sugar free, fat free, or anything else you may be accustomed to. They have a lot of chocolate, and are a big batch of unhealthy yummy goodness. Naturally I thought they were the perfect recipe to share for Valentines Day! The best way to your mans heart is through his stomach right? Or you could make them for your bestie and she will love you forever!!



Directions


You will need a box of Betty Crocker Supreme Brownie Mix (probably any premade brownie mix will do, but this is the one I typically use), 1 bag of semi chocolate chips, 1 bag of milk chocolate chips, 1 jar of Hershey's Chocolate Hot Fudge, and the ingredients required for the boxed Brownie Mix. 

1. Add all of the ingredients on the back of the brownie box. I typically add a little more oil then the box says. 
2. I then add the entire bag of semi sweet chocolate chips, 3/4 of the bag of milk chocolate chips, and the entire jar of Hershey's Chocolate Hot fudge.


3. Mix everything together and make sure you get all of the mix at the bottom!! 
4. Pour into pan, I usually use a 13X9 disposable pan so that I have less clean up. 
5. Bake at 350 degrees ( the box has different directions) for about 40 minutes, although you may have to adjust the time depending on your oven I suppose. 
6. Lick the spoon and bowl and wait for your yummy treat!!


Enjoy these brownies with a loved one, or maybe you wont even want to share (hehe). My suggestion is to pair with wine or milk!
Someone is a little excited!
She was a fan
Apparently this wine was one of Oprah's favorite things in 2013
Just to mix it up a bit, I'm throwing in a few pictures Steph took of me in the lobby after we made brownies since I haven't done an outfit post recently.
Photo Credit// Stephanie Fantauzzi
Top// Topshop
Jeans// Carmar Denim
Hat//Janessa Leone
Necklace// Ahh I'm not really sure! I think it might be Vanessa Mooney but I can't remember
I'd love to know if you guys try out my recipe, and how it goes! Do you guys have any great brownie recipes?! 

-Xoxo Becca 

No comments:

Post a Comment