Pages

Saturday, January 3, 2015

New Years Resolutions

Sweater// Free People 
Dress// Wonderland Honolulu c/o
Hat// Janessa Leone
Booties// Jeffrey Campbell 
Happy New Year!!!!! I hope everyone had an amazing New Years Eve/Day, and didn't struggle to much during the recovery process. I tend to find New Years a bit overwhelming and always choose to stay in watch a movie (Pitch Perfect this year) and order some yummy pizza (Dough Pizza on Sunset Blvd is my new fav). My mom was still in town from our trip to Quebec so she joined my pizza fest, and asked if I had any new years resolutions. To be honest, I'm not a fan of resolutions at all. I don't understand why we wait until the first of the year to try to improve our lives, and usually by day 2 we have broken them anyway. Some of you may or may not know but I moved out to LA in 2011 for grad school. I got my Master's in Clinical Psychology, and when I graduated in 2013 I went to USC for a post bac premed program because I thought I wanted to go into psychiatry. After a miserable year, I was able to admit to myself that medical school was clearly not in my path. I was really scared to leave the program, because I felt like it provided me stability and structure. After a lot of praying, talking to family and friends I decided that, that's what was best. So I left USC and I've spent the last year gaining research experience and doing a lot of volunteer work while applying for doctoral programs. Leaving the program at USC really forced me to step outside of my comfort zone, and I realized how important it is to do that in life. If you don't leave your comfort zone you can miss out on so many amazing opportunities. I've tried to spend the last year actively stepping out of my comfort zone whether it's trying a new food, wearing a new color, taking a trip to a new country, or whatever life throws at me. So I guess my new years resolution is really to just continue doing that!

I'm usually not a fan of body con dresses at all, but when I saw this dress from Wonderland Honolulu I thought this would be a great chance to try something new. It can be difficult to buy clothes online because you're never to sure how it's going to fit. The top of this dress was a bit big on me, so it took me a little while to figure out how I could style it. I thought this Free People cut out shoulder sweater looked really cute over the dress and made the dress easier to transition into a fall or winter piece. 

I really can't wait to see what 2015 has to bring. Starting this blog and applying for doctoral programs have been two of my biggest ventures of 2014, and i'm so thankful to all of you who have been so encouraging along the way it means so much to me! Do you guys have anything you'd really love to see on the blog?! Let me know, i'd love to hear! I'd also love to hear what your resolutions are for 2015!!

-Xoxo Becca 

No comments:

Post a Comment